Recipe + Photos by April Viar
Tacos may be one of the best meals. Always versatile with oodles of ingredient options. You can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They’re very easy to make and delicious. For these Zesty Tacos, I used Certified Vegan Lightlife Smart Ground Plant Based Crumbles. The crumbles are packed with 11g of protein and only 1.5g of fat per serving. Topped with a cilantro, onion and lime salsa, the tacos are perfect.
- 1 pack of Certified Vegan Lightlife Smart Ground Plant Based Crumbles
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup Violife Cheddar Shreds
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 flour tortilla tacos (Corn tortillas would work well too.)
- 1 large diced sweet white onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 limes squeezed
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, combine onions, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Set the salsa to the side.
- In a pan on medium heat, combine olive oil, Certified Vegan Lightlife Crumbles, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin powder. Saute till light golden brown and all spices are absorbed into the crumbles. Add nutritional yeast, Violife Cheddar Shreds and water to the crumbles. Stir everything together and cover with a lid so the cheese can melt.
- Warm up your flour tortillas in a pan.
- Grab a heated flour tortilla, add the cooked crumbles and top with the salsa and your tacos are ready to go. Share with friends or eat them all yourself!