This creamy key lime cheesecake recipe layered in mason jars is the perfect no-bake dessert for the summer. Each bite is filled with a light fluffy key lime cheesecake mixture with a hint of a graham cracker crust – it’s the perfect sweet treat!
If you’re a key lime lover then you definitely need to try out my Key Lime Cheesecake Bars or my Mini Key Lime Pies!
Easy Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
With no oven required, this easy key lime cheesecake will bring the joy back into making luscious desserts during the summer. Topped with fluffy whipped cream, you’ll hardly believe this tangy no-bake treat just needs to be whipped, blended, and chilled.
With a yogurt and cream cheese-based filling, this cheesecake is a silky, guilt-free alternative to regular sweet treats. It’s got no processed sugars because it’s naturally sweetened with honey. Paired with a buttery homemade crust, you’ll be digging in all afternoon.
Served in mason jars for a quick grab-and-go dessert, you’ll be taking this refreshing key lime cheesecake everywhere you go. Despite it being a hundred degrees outside, all you need to do is remove the lid and enjoy.
Why You’ll Love This No-Bake Cheesecake
This individually-portioned no-bake key lime cheesecake recipe will be a hit at home and at all your gatherings.
- Easy. Beat the filling, blend the crust, and fill the jars. It’s easy!
- Quick. Considering this dessert spends most of its “cooking time” in the fridge, this beat-and-chill treat is pretty quick. You don’t actually have to do that much.
- Perfect for the summer. Served straight out of the fridge, this is one cold dessert you’ll be enjoying all summer.
What You’ll Need
This key lime cheesecake is full of creamy ingredients like cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
For the Cheesecake
- Cream cheese – I prefer full-fat cream cheese, but low-fat works too.
- Plain Greek yogurt – If using sweetened yogurt, adjust the amount of honey to taste or remove it completely.
- Honey – Raw honey or agave syrup are great for this. Please don’t use maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract
- Lime juice – Feel free to use lemon juice.
For the Crust
- Graham crackers – Digestive biscuits are a great swap.
- Unsalted butter – You can also use salted butter.
- Whipped cream – This is an optional topping.
How to Make No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
The secret to the silkiest no bake key lime cheesecake is in beating the filling until it’s super smooth. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Prepare the filling. Beat the cream cheese, yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and lime juice in a large bowl until smooth, creamy, and slightly fluffy. Set it aside.
- Make the crust. Process the graham crackers in the blender until you get fine crumbs. Pour them into a small bowl and combine them with the melted butter until you get a sandy mixture.
- Fill the jars. Divide the crust mixture among the jars. Pat it down. Divide the cheesecake mixture among the jars. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream and serve!
Tips for Success
These tips work for any no-bake cheesecake recipe, even if it’s not key lime.
- Use room-temperature cheese. Beating room-temperature cream cheese is easier because it separates faster, unlike cold cream cheese which tends to clump together.
- Layer it. Starting with a layer of crust, add 3-4 tablespoons of cheesecake, then add more crust, and keep going. Do this for all the jars until you’re happy with your layered desserts.
- Tap them on the counter. If the cheesecake filling is too airy and leaves gaps in the jar when you fill it, tap the jars gently on the counter to help the mixture settle.
- Add compote. Swirl in 1/4-1/2 cup of raspberry or blueberry compote into the cheesecake mixture for an even fruitier treat.
Aside from adding lots of whipped cream, this key lime cheesecake is the perfect dessert with a cup of tea, coffee, or even a glass of milk. If you’re an iced coffee person like me, try it with my Iced Chai Tea Latte or Sweet Cream Iced Coffee.
How to Store Leftovers
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 6 days. Keep it away from any strong-smelling foods like onions and chile to avoid the transfer of odors. Serve it straight out of the fridge.
Can You Freeze Key Lime Cheesecake?
Absolutely! Skip the whipped cream, though. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap twice and then foil once. Pop it into a freezer-friendly bag or container. Freeze it for up to 3 months. Set it on the counter for 20-30 minutes before serving as usual.
More No-Bake Cheesecake Recipes
This easy no-bake key lime cheesecake with a buttery homemade crust is the perfect on-the-go treat for the summer.
For the Key Lime Cheesecake:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
For the Crust:
- 10 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- (optional) whipped cream for topping
- In a small bowl add, cream cheese, greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and key lime juice. Using a hand mixer blend until the mixture is smooth, creamy and slightly fluffy. Set aside.
- To a food processor add graham crackers. Blend until graham crackers are crumbs. Pour into a small bowl, and add the melted butter. Using a spoon or spatula mix the graham crackers and butter together.
- Evenly distribute the crust among five 8 oz. mason jars. Pat the crust down.
- Next, evenly distribute the key lime cheesecake among the mason jars. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 mason jar
- Calories: 403
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: key lime cheesecake, no bake key lime cheesecake, mason jar dessert
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM