Recipe + Photos by April Viar
OMG! I love a tasty chocolate chip cookie. This vegan variation made with Certified Vegan Toll House allergen free semi-sweet morsels really hit the spot. No dairy, no eggs, no problem. These cookies will definitely be a hit wherever you take them. May that be a party or your living room, you will be stoked! These cookies are an indulgent with chocolate, olive oil, sugar, salt and a touch of espresso powder. So easy to make. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 2/3 olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 10 oz bag of Certified Vegan Toll House Allergen Free Semi Sweet Morsels
- 1 pinch of flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Cover two sheet pans with parchment paper, put to the side. (If only baking one sheet pan at a time, put the rest of the dough in the fridge.)
- Grab two large bowls. One for dry and one for wet ingredients.
- Add all purpose flour, bread flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and espresso powder to the bowl and whisk everything to combine. Make sure no lumps are present.
- Grab your second bowl and add cane sugar, dark brown sugar, soy milk, olive oil and vanilla. Mix everything together until sugar is combined with liquids.
- Next, you are going to gradually blend your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix everything together until dough forms. I like to use a medium sized ice cream scooper for a uniform cookie. Scoop the cookie batter out and place the dough two inches apart from another. Lightly sprinkle your one pinch of flaky sea salt on top of all of the cookies. Remember a little sea salt goes a long way.
- Bake for 14 minutes. For best results, let the cookies cool on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Enjoy!